Arlington County Plans and Programs
- The recently adopted Affordable Housing Master Plan and Implementation Framework will guide County policy and staff for the coming decade.
- Arlington’s five-year Consolidated Plan is the blueprint for developing affordable housing, preventing homelessness, ensuring fair housing, expanding economic opportunities, and improving neighborhoods. Read about the 2016–2020 plan. The Citizen Summary provides highlights.
- Most development in Arlington for the past several decades has been focused within the Metro corridors. The County’s Affordable Dwelling Unit Ordinance, adopted in 2005, sets affordable housing requirements for developments greater than 1.0 FAR that are approved by site plan.
- The innovative Columbia Pike Neighborhoods Plan establishes tools to help preserve and create new affordable housing in the corridor.
- A community-driven visioning process for the future of the Lee Highway corridor took place in 2015 and 2016, and a formal planning process for the corridor is underway.